TRIP: STORY BOARD

This is the basic story outline. I drew it in a comic strip style to help me work out what I wanted to represent. Some of the panels need reworking to turn it into an animatic. But doing it like a comic was a much better way for me to start rather than thinking shot by shot straight away before I’d developed the story. Writing a script first can also be difficult for me to get the idea across with description. I showed it to Steve and An Vrombaut. They were really helpful and positive about the idea.

An suggested using the comic book as a promotional tool for the film, which I really like. She was really inspiring. I liked her insight on everybody’s ideas. Steve siad he thought it had a similar appeal to Scott Pilgrim/ Wimpy Kid etc. rad.

I’m now considering this project as part of a mini-series. There were plenty of scenarios I imagined Trip getting into that I wont be able to fit into one 3 minute film. So hopefully after graduating I will be able to take this idea further. One of the main reasons for this is that I really feel like I would enjoy working with the characters and context longer term. Let’s see what happens with the pilot!