Maquette

I’ve been working on the puppets all week and also going to the theatre, so there’s lots to catch up on! I’ll begin in order, with the puppet maquettes I made last week. I tried to make the bodies from wire mesh and that wasn’t really strong enough. But this is what the first one looked like. It was useful for testing the size and shape for the kneeling Prospero puppet, the the knees broke after a few movements and the wire I used for the arms was far too stiff.

Prospero Head

Prospero prototype head in plasticine. I put on some curly goat horns, but the finished puppet will have twigs for longer antlers. I’m not happy with the eyes, they’re too big. I prefer the designs I did for him with beady black eyes. And of course his hair and beard are missing!